Followers

Monday 1 May 2017

Butterfly Birthday


Hello again,



Well, you know how I promised not to enable any of you with the dies I have bought online from China, well that promise may be out of the window for a while, the whole elimination diet that I’m still on meant I got crafty goodies rather than chocolate goodies for Easter this year and I’m in the throes of creating cards with the new arrivals… When I first saw this die in the online store I knew just what I was going to make with it so of course it made it’s way into my basket… and now it’s here a little later than expected…I got to execute my plan…



Before I show you my card, I had to see the doctor in Sydney last week and our lovely Autumn weather meant we could sit outside and watch the ferries and Sydney cruise companies coming and going in and out of Pyrmont, Darling Harbour, King Street Wharf etc. The building in the background houses various companies and residential apartments. (quality is not great as it was taken on my phone)









My sister in law started my collection of spray inks a few Christmases ago and the collection has naturally grown to include most basic colours, when I was in the mood I sprayed a few different A5 pieces of water colour paper torn and trimmed from a simple artist pad in various colours, they curled a little and have been stashed between two reams of paper. I dug them out and decided on a red and yellow piece which I had also tossed some rock salt onto.



Here is my card:-




What I used:-

White card blank 10.5 x 14.7cm

Black card and paper from my box of scraps {one day I’ll have to take a pic of it, well maybe when it has been tidied… }

A5 Watercolour paper (artist pad)

Dylusions Cherry Pie spray ink

Dylusions Lemon zest Spray ink

Rock salt pinched from the kitchen

Mini bling from my stash both rhinestone and black pearls

Fiskars Corner rounder punch

Penny Black ‘T’ is for Transparent Snippets sentiment stamps

Colorbox White inkpad

Clear embossing powder (in hindsight should have used opaque white)

Butterfly die from China *Note* I will not accept any personal responsibility for enabling any of you :-P

Adhesives:- PVA glue and double sided tape



I would like to enter this card in:-



Seize the Birthday Anything goes (my dismal heat embossing has multiple tiny sentiments including Happy Birthday)

Thank you for looking in...
Have a wonderful week...
Megan

P.S. A Huge Thank you to all the kind ladies who take the time to leave me a comment, I truly appreciate them all!




No comments: