Followers

Thursday 1 October 2015

Butterfly Birthday

Hello again,

I was asked to create a special Japanese card for a friend’s Daughter-in-Laws upcoming birthday which needed to be posted to Japan where her and her family are living and working, the request included keeping it as flat as possible and using Japanese paper of which I have several designs my Aunt having bought them in you guessed it Japan while on holiday many years ago (about five years or so ago)… this is what I came up with…

Here’s my card:-


I was lucky enough for my birthday this year I was gifted a year’s subscription to Australian Simply cards and my brother selected an extra gift as part of the subscription, a set of 5 dies including this lovely background die from Ultimate crafts called Jadene: Free Flourish, I used the die a second time to cut the silver butterflies to make them pop out a little more.


What I used:-
White card blank 10.4cm x 14.7cm
Ultimate crafts die Jadene: Free Flourish
Ultimate Crafts die Invali: Vintage label set
Black card stock
Red and gold Japanese Silk paper
Scraps from stash in metallic silver and white
Glitzee Silver glitter glue
Foam Pads
Sentiment stamp from stash
Memento ‘Tuxedo Black’ Ink pad
Black fine line pen
Adhesives:- P.V.A. glue, double-sided tape

I would like to enter this card in:-
Digi Choosday- week 39 Use something new (both dies used are new)

Thank you for looking in…
Have a great week
Megan


P.S. A big thank you to all the kind and lovely ladies who take their time to leave me a little message, I appreciate each and every one of them!

No comments: