Followers

Thursday 16 July 2015

Santa is getting a suntan!

Hello again...


Well we are up to day six over at Bugaboo stamps today and I am again joining in the week long Celebration Christmas in July, which seems to be a popular subject at the minute with several challenge blogs playing host to the same theme.

So today's challenge over at Catch the Bug is Oldie but a goodie + a photo challenge which you can see below:-



I have used two of Jodie’s stamps Tropical Santa Buried and Bugaboo Brat beach ball in combination with a variety of die cut shapes. I love that Jodie has some summer Santa images as I live below the equator and Christmas in Australia is hot! Well usually... so I have several Trop Santa digi's from Jodie and each and every one has been well used and well received.

I have taken my inspiration from the general beach scene and created one of my own...I'd like to think that the little boy is surprised to see Santa at the beach; as such this one will likely find its way to our relatives in England or Scotland.

Know that it is all put together I think I would have preferred if both Santa and the boy had been a little larger, but as they are well stuck down it will need to stay as is…

Here is my card:-


What I used:-
12.5 x 17.8cm Card blank
Tropical Haze Paper Set (magazine- Love Cardmaking)
Scissors, Steel Rulercraft mat and Stanley Knife
Bugaboo Digi’s Tropical Santa and Bugaboo Brat boy Beach ball
Faber-Castell and Derwent pencils
Memory box- Coastal Crab die
Poppystamps die- Gentle Leaf
Impression Obsession- Mini Beach set
MFT Sentiment strips
MFT Pierced Circles
Green Colorbox inkpad
Printed sentiment made on Word
Black fine line Pen
Adhesives- P.V.A., Double sided tape, Foam squares

I would like to enter this card in:-
Eureka Stamps- #149 At the Beach theme

Well Thank you for looking in…
Have a good one…
Megan

P.S. A big Thank you to all the lovely ladies who are so kind and leave me a little message, I appreciate your kind words.


No comments: