Followers

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Triple Time

Hello again...

Well this week I am again combining a few challenges.

This weeks challenge over at Case-ing Christmas was a fabulous card featuring some triple time stamping and was made by Anita, you can see Anita's original creation here at Case-ing Christmas current challenge #20. 
Hazel has challenged us to use some of our favourite things over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #229.
The ladies at Glitter n Sparkle would like us to use some ribbon challenge number #137.
Finally Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month is Tag you're it #52.

Now I'm not really into stamping or particularly good at it if I buy stamps it's generally sentiments. I always seem to end up with gaps in my images and bits missing round the edges, but still I decided to give it a go with some stamps from Australian Simply cards #74 a Spellbinders Christmas Creation stamp set. I have opted for two colours and gone non-traditional again. 

I stamped the larger image first before adding the snowflakes, I then decided that there was too much open space and masked off the images and added the swirly stamp from the edges of the large image to fill in some of the gaps adding extra around the edges too. I inked the edges of the tag die and wish I had also done the sentiment strip to make it more obvious.

Here's my card:



The purple backing card seems a little grey in the photo, not quite so dark in reality.

What I used:-
14cm Card blank
Deep purple 'Weave textured' card- generic card stack
White card
Spellbinders Stamp set- Christmas Creations
Snowflake from a different Christmas set -unknown
Kaisercraft Modern Christmas Stamp set 
Swirl is from flower set Australian Simply Cards #79
Violet and Turquoise Colorbox inkpad
Silver Ribbon
Purple Ribbon
Ranger Liquid Pearls- Silver Pearl
Wplus9- Timeless tag die
MFT Sentiment strips Die
Pink Petticoat Sentiment
Adhesive- Lots and lots of Double sided tape

I would like to enter this card in:-
Case-ing Christmas #20
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #229- Use your favourite things- Purple, Turquoise, Liquid Pearls and my new tag die
Glitter N Sparkle Challenge #137- Use some Ribbon
Sparkles Christmas Challenge #52- Tag you're it (2nd Entry)
Wags 'n' Whiskers- Lots of Layers

a few extra anything goes challenges
The Glory of Christmas Birds/or Anything goes- Anything goes 
12 Months of Christmas Link-up- Anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra- Anything goes just so long as it's Christmas- May Link-up


Thank you for looking in...
have a good one...
Megan

p.s. Thank you to all the lovely ladies who take the time to leave me a message, I enjoy reading each and every one of them!

No comments: